Counselling By Tarot
What is Tarot?
Being simply images on paper, Tarot cards are neither strange nor sinister. Their true magic lies in acting as a conduit for you to connect with your inner wisdom.
The Tarot is divided into the karmic and spiritual lessons of the Major Arcana, 22 cards reflecting the Fool’s journey of personal growth and development, and the Minor Arcana, 40 cards which indicate the happenings of our everyday lives such as opportunities, challenges and surrounding energies. The Minor Arcana cards are further divided into four suits: Wands, Swords, Cups and Pentacles which also contain an additional 16 Court Cards representing other people, personalities or situations.
Why consult the Tarot?
While some Tarot readers use the cards for fortune telling or to predict the future, I find this approach self-limiting and fatalistic. It is my preference to use the Tarot to expand our thinking and to harness the power of our free will. In my opinion, the Tarot serves to clarify a pathway when direction is needed, it offers advice or options in trying times, and acts as a gateway to divine guidance that leads us towards realising our greatest potential.
A question asked of the Tarot will receive answers, bringing an understanding of the energies at play or a deeper insight into the situation. Acting on the new awareness offered by the Tarot empowers us to effect change and create better outcomes.
What you get from Counselling by Tarot
As an ethical and professional Tarot Reader, I channel my energy into gaining you, the client, the most insightful and empowering reading possible. It is my role to co-create with you, a reading that offers you a plan of action designed to assist you to take charge of your life and to make the most of every opportunity. In your Tarot reading we get clear about your desired outcome, the energies that are influencing you, and the potential of the outcomes available to you.
To ensure there is no disappointment, please understand that I do not use the Tarot cards for fortune telling or to predict the future. Nor do I offer medical, legal, or financial advice. I will not attempt to forecast winning lottery numbers, or to make an interpretation on the subject of illness or death, and I do not undertake third party readings. Additionally, I do not read for those under the age of 18, unless authorised by a parent or legal guardian, and under no circumstances for those under the influence of mind-altering substances.
At all times I reserve the right to refuse any reading which is contrary to my code of ethics.
Code of Ethics
It’s my preference to use the Tarot to tap into our own inner wisdom and to take the guidance offered to expand our thinking. This allows us to harness the power of our free will, to then take positive and inspired action. As such, my ideal client is one who recognises change is required in their life, and is not afraid to explore their options and then act. This person embraces the spirit of creating their own future and uses the guidance of the Tarot to make empowering decisions.
- As a professional Tarot Reader, my readings are undertaken with the strictest confidence and the utmost integrity and sincerity.
- In conducting your Tarot Reading, I make no personal judgements regarding your situation or offer personal opinions.
- During my readings I will not provide advice that I am not qualified to offer such as medical, legal or financial advice.
- As a trusted Tarot advisor, I will not act as a Medium, make predictions, or read fate based or third party questions.
- Where an ethical issue exists with a question, I will refer a client on.
- I do not read for those under the age of 18, unless authorised by a parent or legal guardian, or those under the influence of mind-altering substances.
- By engaging in a Tarot reading, you voluntarily agree it is of your free will and desire, accepting full responsibility for any consequent decisions or actions you subsequently take, and hold harmless your Tarot Reader.